Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Intimidation Factor

So, exams are normally stressful for people. Well, this semester, I have not really been stressed about my first 2 exams. I knew the material, I studied as much as I could, and I went in pretty confident... Until I saw the way the exam was set up. Ok, so my first exam was on Wednesday, and I had another this morning. Now, I am used to PC where we take our exams in the same classroom that we've been in all semester long with the same 15 people who we had been in class with and the same professor giving the exam. Now, if you haven't picked up on the key word already: SAME. Well, exams here are different. You take your exam in a gymnasium along with about 200 other people (who may or may not have been in the same class)and your professor is not even present. So, nervous for my first exams in another country? Not really. Intimidated by the amount of people taking the exam with me? Definitely so.

A little sidenote: I ran out of internet Tuesday and didn't see the point in paying $40 for less than 2 weeks, so I am currently writing this on a computer in the library. Well, the guy at the computer beside me was cussing and making signs at the computer earlier. He has now moved to opening the CD drive and putting a pen in it to stop it from going back in. I don't know whether to be afraid or bust out laughing. Considering it is the end of the first of two exam weeks, I'm thinking laughing is not a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment