Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weird to think about...

Since I have been in Australia for almost 4 months, it is really weird to think about going home. I am ready to see all of my friends and family, but it's a different feeling going back home than it was coming here. When leaving for Australia it was hard to leave my family and friends, but I knew that I was going to see them again and when I would see them. When I leave my friends here, I don't know when I'm going to see them again. I don't know how long it will be before I can come back for a visit or when they might be able to visit me. While this semester has had its challenges, it just doesn't seem real that it is almost over.

With only just over 3 weeks left here, that means I have only just over a week before exams. Yikes! I'm not so sure how I feel about taking exams that are going to count for over half of my final grade. It's a different world than at PC where I had more assignments and tests throughout the semester. Now, I have enjoyed the lack of assignments and tests, but it has been really hard to stay caught up in my classes when exams seemed so far away! So, now that exams are a lot closer, it is panic time! Just kidding. I'm not stressed about the exams, but it is time to start preparing for them. :-) Since next week is "reading week" and is apparently the most stressful time since we're supposed to be studying hard then, Flinders Uni Hall brought in a dietician to tell us all about brain foods and nutritional energy foods. You mean to tell me that midnight breakfast, chocolate, and coffee are not nutritional energy and brain foods? Well... That just goes to show what good my PC education has done for me in the exam preparation area. Exam time is really different here, because I have a whole week of study time and 2 weeks to take 4 exams. Now, I'm used to PC where I have had 5 exams in 2 days before! Talk about a stressful time! 2 weeks for 4 exams is nothing! Bring on exams! I have a feeling I will be one of the calmest people in the hall for the next 3 weeks. Yeah right...

With exams also comes preparing to go home. That is probably going to be the most stressful thing about the next 3 weeks. I have to decide what is important for me to take home and what I can give away/ throw away. I do know that I have a pair of jeans and a dress to throw away. Let's just say NZ was hard on those jeans and not matter what my mom does to my dress at home, those grease stains that have been on my dress from a gyro my first month here are just not going to come out. However, I still have a few things that I need to go through, some accumulated things, and some souvenirs to pick up! I may just be over the weight limit. Oh well! I will worry about all of that when it gets closer to July 2. I can't exactly pack my room up and study for exams. Next week, I will start that whole process!

I know I haven't posted very many pictures lately, so here are some from Formal Dinner 2: Circus theme. I was a ringleader. It was the simplest and least expensive (AKA free) thing to dress up as! :)

Jess and me
Emma and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment