Thursday, June 16, 2011

A little bit of country Australia and Swotvac!

Well, I went to Tessa's last weekend along with Ceina and Sabrina. It was a lot of fun and was good to get away from the Hall for a few days and just relax and have fun with friends. Also, it was neat to see other parts of South Australia. Tessa is from Millicent which is close to Mt. Gambier. I would be really impressed if any of you know where those places are, so for all of my friends at home: it is about 5 hours away from Adelaide. Both places were beautiful! It was the countryside of Australia.

So, once we got to Tessa's house Friday night, we joined her dad at a pub for dinner (apparently that is pretty common?). They did have pretty good food! After dinner, we went fox hunting. That was my first and LAST time hunting. Before we got going, I asked Tessa what they usually do with the animals (I was thinking maybe cook them... I had never heard of a dish with fox at home, but Australia does have different foods.) Well, she informed me that they usually just feed them to the dogs. Ok! Stop right there. So, you mean to tell me they just go kill animals for fun?! They asked me if I wanted to trying shooting the gun, but there was no way I was shooting anything! (I mean... I might would have shot at a tree to see if I could, but I definitely was not shooting an animal for fun.) I even had to close my eyes and look away when they got close enough to shoot it. While we were chasing it on the truck, I was secretively (or maybe not so secretively...) cheering for the rabbit to get away. I just felt so bad for the poor things! So... needless to say, I will most definitely not be going fox hunting again. We ended up going shopping, sight-seeing, and to Tessa's younger brother's footie game as well.

Now that I'm back at the Hall, the studies have officially begun. Everything is going pretty well in the studying department, but equally as well in the procrastination department also. At least I know how to balance my time! :-) I have completed 2 assignments and even turned one in a day early! So, I would say that is pretty successful! On another note, the food has been amazing and is supposed to be equally as good for the next 2 weeks. Apparently, they hold out for the end of the semester instead of cleaning out the kitchen like PC! I mean we have little treats spread out throughout the day for the next 2 weeks plus soup! I didn't realize how good soup is on a cold day until I went without it for a few cold weeks! I am definitely enjoying the vegetable soup!

Countdown to USA: 15 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment